Release date: December 4, 2012
Retribution brought a revamped bounty system, a new "crimewatch" system, added 4 new destroyer ships and a new mining frigate, rebalanced the frigate, cruiser and destroyer ship roles and improved enemy AI.
A list of the additions and modifications from the Retribution feature page:
- A revamp of the bounty system, which deals out payment on financial loss
- A revamp of the criminal warning system, dubbed "crimewatch"
- A rebalance of ships in the frigate, cruiser and destroyer classes
- Addition of four new destroyers for each of the races with different attributes
- Addition of a new ORE mining frigate
- Improvements to the combat UI
- Improvements to NPC AI
- Addition of a new music audio system which works on location rather than a linear playlist. Removal of the jukebox
- Other minor features such as new items, the addition of a new safety system, a new salvage drone, and various performance improvements