Release date: June 3, 2014
At Fanfest 2014, CCP Seagull stated that the expansion will overhaul the industrial backbone of EVE. However, in a developer blog released shortly after Fanfest, CCP Falcon announced that the industry changes would be pushed back to the next release, Crius (see below), which would be moved forward to July 22, 2014 from its original planned release date of August 19. CCP released all other planned, non-industrial updates with Kronos, including:
- The addition of three new ships for the newly-playable Mordu's Legion pirates (one frigate, one cruiser, and one battleship)
- A rebalance of all other pirate faction ships and Tech II sub-capital industrials (Blockade Runners, Deep Space Transports, Mining Barges, and Exhumers)
- The addition of a new Tech II "Expedition Frigate" called the Prospect, with significant HP and Cargo Hold increases over the Venture mining frigate introduced in Retribution, as well as being able to fit a specialized cloaking device.
- The addition of low slots to Freighters and Jump Freighters (previously the only ships in the game without any options for customization)
- Expanded audio customization and UI improvements
- Replacement of the Noble Exchange (abbr. NeX) from Incarna with the New Eden Store, with Aurum becoming available per-account rather than per-character
- Increased gradation of Pirate Implant Sets
- New modules, including a new module type affecting a ship's warp speed
- A rebalance of all Tech I and Tech II drones to encourage use of Caldari and Amarr drones
- Minor changes to Faction Warfare
- Removal of the loot scattering mechanic of exploration sites introduced in Odyssey
- Rebalancing of the Phoenix dreadnaught and Citadel missiles.
- Redesigned ship models for the Moa, Condor and Typhoon along with all their variants